Today, June 28 2002 is International Neonatal Screening Day (INSD)
“International Neonatal Screening Day (INSD) is an international initiative launched by the International Society for Neonatal Screening (ISNS), the International Patient Organisation for Primary Immunodeficiencies (IPOPI) and the European Society for Immunodeficiencies (ESID), working in partnership under the multi-stakeholder Screen4Rare platform to promote the importance of neonatal (newborn) screening.”Source: Screen4Rare https://screen4rare.org/insd/
The European Alliance for SMA Newborn Screening would like to acknowledge today’s importance and share 5 ways that you can get involved:
1. Read the newly published paper Review: Towards Achieving Equity and Innovation in Newborn Screening across Europe which presents experiences from individual EU countries, stakeholder initiatives ,and the final conclusions from the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union event held in October 2021, which can help countries attempting to establish new NBS programmes or expand existing provision.
3. Read Screen4Rare’s statement about the #INSD2022:
“INSD seeks to build on all these positive steps with increased collaboration and dialogue between all relevant stakeholders including screening experts, patients, scientists, healthcare professionals, policymakers, and industry in order to:
– Raise awareness about the critical role of neonatal screening in accessing timely treatment and saving lives.
– Support mechanisms of information exchange, data, and expertise on neonatal screening.
– Consider scientific advances in screening programmes.”Source: Screen4Rare https://screen4rare.org/insd/
5. Watch the promo video on the International Society for Neonatal Screening’s social media